25 Oct Death Statistics in the USA and Kansas
The statistics about drunk driving-related deaths in the USA and Kansas are startling. These statistics put the drunk driving problem in the United States into perspective, and speak to how much of a problem it truly has become. The statistics that are listed below give a glimpse into how much alcohol-impaired driving is having an effect on the people that live in the United States, and in the state of Kansas specifically.
Death Statistics in the USA
- In the United States, nearly 30 people die every single day due to drunk driving. When you break this number down even further, it equals out to be close to one death from drunk driving every 48 minutes.
- In the past year, a total of 10,228 people were killed by drunk driving in the United States.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol was responsible 31% of all traffic-related fatalities.
- 61% of children that passed away in car accidents died at the hands of a drunk driver.
- 82% of all fatal car accidents in the USA are caused by drunk drivers.
- Drunk driving induced deaths are four times more likely to occur at night than during the day.
Death Statistics in the State of Kansas
- One thousand two hundred fourteen people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in Kansas last year.
- Drivers in Kansas reported driving under the influence of alcohol twice as much as the national average.
- Drunk driving leads to 28% of all driving fatalities in Kansas last year.
- Sedgwick County reported the most Alcohol-related accidents out of all other counties in Kansas.
- Most of the alcohol-related accidents in Kentucky occur on rural roads. This is likely a combination of poor lighting and reduced vision abilities due to alcohol consumption.
Putting Things Into Perspective
When you take these statistics into account, you can see how much of a problem drunk driving has become. It is not just an issue in Kansas; it is prevalent in all of the states throughout the country. Having these statistics allows us to see what steps we can take to continue reducing the amount of alcohol-impaired driving in the state of Kansas.
It has been found that since large-scale advertisements about the consequences of drunk driving have started being aired throughout the state of Kansas that drunk driving related incidents have decreased by 5% when compared to the years prior to the recent outreach methods.
That is why at The Kansas Against Drunk Driving Organization we have been working harder than ever this year to spread our message to the residents in the state of Kansas. By sticking strongly to our morals and to our purpose, we have been able to spread the information that people need to make informed decisions about drunk driving. It is our hope that the organizations in other states across the country will follow our lead so that we can work together to reduce drunk driving related accidents across the entirety of the United States.